The Southern New Hampshire region is the business and financial center of northern New England.
- Population of 261,262 (2010 Census) – 62% of New Hampshire’s population lives within 30 miles of the region
- Labor force of 152,180 and current unemployment Rate – 6.4%
- 11 colleges and universities are located within the region
- Transportation hub of northern New England
- Manchester–Boston Regional Airport offers convenient
flights for passengers and freight
- Easy access to I-93, NH 101, and I-89 connecting the
region to Canada and Boston
- Bus service connections to local communities as well as to
South Station and Logan International Airport in Boston.
- Served by freight rail and a planned future expansion of
passenger rail from Boston.
- Low tax structure- 7th lowest in the U.S.
- No broad-based personal income tax
- No sales tax
- No capital gains tax
- No use or inventory tax
- No estate tax
- No professional service tax
- Low corporate income tax, compared to most of the
other New England states